For my certification as a Nature Connected Coach (NCC), I completed 317 coach specific training hours through the Earth Based Institute in Boulder, Colorado. This coaching program is approved by the International Coaching Federation. I am accepting accepting new clients in person and online.
I invite you to work with me if you would like to:
- Deepen your awareness and presence.
- Tap into your creativity, joy, and inspiration to craft your Vision and commit to it.
- Become aware of your values and beliefs, and the stories that are driving you and your life.
- Become more attuned and sensitive to the body and intuition as well as possibilities in daily life that open you up to a more expansive, fulfilling life.
- Make changes and move towards living from a more authentic place.
- Negotiate and navigate with integrity and support liminal times of grief, loss, positive disintegration, culture shock and climate distress.
- Build connections and networks rooted in reciprocity and abundance, instead of scarcity.
- Develop leadership skills within the context of the new reality we are facing under a climate emergency and collapse of the natural and social systems we depend on: attunement, compassion, courage, cooperation, self-awareness.
- Reclaim your sense of purpose. This includes cultivating the expression of your gifts, the fulfillment of your highest potential, and the ability to form meaningful, regenerative relationships that are rooted in a wider web of relationships with the more-than-human world.
I would love to work with you if you:
- Love nature and are open to a variety of creative and embodied experiences in the outdoors.
- Want to make changes in your life but are feeling stuck in old patterns that no longer serve you or confused about next steps.
- Have big dreams but need some clarity to transform them into reality.
- Are seeking support, focus and accountability to reach your goals.
- Are willing and committed to go deep into an exploration of what it will take to change and grow in the direction of your dreams.
If you would be interested in hearing more about what Nature-Connected Coaching is and how we can enter a co-creative coaching relationship, please use the contact form on my website to reach me, or book a free first session below.
How does Nature-Connected Coaching work?
NCC is a blend of Life Coaching and Nature Connection & Awareness Practices. It is based on a life-affirming, creative, holistic philosophy that views human beings as complete, whole, and powerful beings, that are not cut-off from their contexts but inherently connected, mind-body and soul, to the greater wholes of family, society, nature and the Universe.
It is a confidential and empowering process. A Nature-Connected Coach partners with a client, as well as nature, to help the client find what gives them energy and joy, and live from that place. Nature Connected Coaches walk alongside their clients on a path to discovery, growth and meaning.
Unlike therapy, coaching does follow a psychopathology paradigm or diagnosis of mental disorders, but it is focused on creating Vision and working towards one’s goals. Health and healing are embedded in the context of Nature Connected Coaching when one is in relationship with place, land, nature, and the living web of life.
Broader considerations about our work together:
My guiding is deeply influenced by writers and thinkers in ecophilosophy and ecopsychology, particularly the Work that Reconnects by Joanna Macy, Andy Fisher’s Radical Ecopsychology, David Abram, Nora Bateson and Andreas Weber. I am also greatly inspired by the works of indigenous scholars Robin Wall Kimmerer and Tyson Yunkaporta, as well as my own connection to my homeland of Cyprus and the Troodos mountains in particular, where my ancestors are from. I like to draw from myths and fairytales from around the world to inform my practice, and encourage my clients to tap into their own inspiration and ancestry to find resonance, metaphors and symbols to work with.
I acknowledge that here in the United States we live on unceded land on which people were enslaved, brutalized, killed and oppressed, and that any connection with nature here taps into the pain and grief of those ancestors whose connections to the land were violently severed, and those for whom land was a prison to which their bodies and lives were tethered. Confronting this is part of our process of nature connection, and the greater socio-political currents and systems we live in are also part of the process of coming to our fuller self and our gifts. If you choose to go the Nature-Connected Coaching route, you will most likely confront the ways racist, oppressive systems and worldviews have structured your beliefs and behaviors. This is important and uncomfortable work, and there is great healing here.
I am working on a reading list for anyone interested in more resources – please check back soon. If you are interested in reading a piece of my own personal process, which may inspire you to take your own path, please contact me for a copy of my Master’s thesis.
I coach in-person in Baton Rouge, by Zoom or on the phone.
Coaching is a highly-personalized service, and I have invested in this craft emotionally, monetarily and spiritually. My sessions typically run for 90 minutes, and the rate is $120 per session.
I offer sliding scales and scholarships, and accept barters and exchanges – I will not turn you away for lack of funds, only a lack of commitment. This work is important – please reach out and let’s have a conversation.
I offer a free first session to see if we would like to work with each other.
Contact me if you have any questions.
“Working with Lilia has been an incredibly grounding experience in my life. As I sit here, trying to put into words the depth of experience that she provides, I struggle, not because there is nothing to say, or that I don’t feel strongly, but because in many ways, the space that she holds, and the way she tends to whatever comes up feels much more embodied. If I could show you, it would a huge hug from the belly – crying, laughing, joyful, frustration – all would be welcome in the space between the arms.
And now the words flow … My experience with Lilia has been deeply empowering. She guides me to call upon my inner sense of responsibility within the space we share, in a way that permeates through the rest of my life. What I am coming to understand is that Lilia’s strength lies not in providing something that we, as clients, lack, but rather the ability to reflect and uncover the parts of us we have forgotten to tend. All the while, she stands with, beside, unwavering, alongisde. The act of uncovering one-self in relation is messy and intimate, and Lilia is someone who honors and respects that.
much love and hugs, maraming salamat,
~ Nosh L.
“Lilia is an effective coach. My sessions with her have been very powerful and insightful. She has a way of asking questions that feels both safe and warm while also still holding me accountable. She doesn’t mess around! She has this way of helping me get to the answers and conclusions that are within myself. I can tell that she is truly listening. Her coaching presence is grounding, powerful, and strong. She taps into a deep sense of presence and listening. Most of all she truly cares about the people that she works with. Lilia is one of the best at what she does and I highly recommend working with her. “